This is not an easy task, when you think of the upcoming generation Y and more emancipated employees. During this training, MNBEC will offer you steppingstones to grow in your role as manager. Giving clear instructions, delegating tasks, giving feedback, motivating employees and coaching are several aspects of managing. How can the talent of our employees grow, and can we broaden their self-knowledge? How can we adapt our managerial style to the individual employee, in order to realize extraordinary performances, to encourage motivation and to create a basis for the further development of employees? Furthermore, we focus on how you are perceived as a manager. What are pitfalls and what are your points for development?This training aims to give you more insight in your personal managerial style, by means of interaction and moments of self-reflection. A by MNBEC developed personality questionnaire, motivational questionnaire and practice simulations are some of the instruments we will use for this. You will go home with new insights and specific do’s and don’ts and with a personal development plan, in order to support your managerial competencies in the most optimal way.
• Course Contents
Key course content includes:
- 1 Distinguish between leadership and management
- 2 Identify and understand various approaches in leading others
- 3 Employ key competencies of visioning, aligning, delegation, motivating and inspiring others
- 4 How Good am I as Manager Assessment
- 1 Recognise effective approaches to teamwork
- 2 Understand how teams develop
- 3 Assessment to diagnose and repair team faults and build effective teamwork principles
- 4 Recognise the need for collective problem solving and apply appropriate techniques
- 5 Develop people and Manage Performance
- 1 Recognise effective communication in the workplace
- 2 Understand Barriers to communication
- 3 Apply assertiveness techniques to create win/win communication and deal effectively with difficult behaviour
- 4 How Good Am I in decision making, gaps and Action planning
- 5 Understand the importance of feedback, (constructive challenge), as an integral part of communication for performance and motivation – making people accountable
- 1 Exploring and understanding reasons for change
- 2 Become aware of the natural responses to change
- 3 Understanding techniques for managing change at each stage of response
- 4 Identifying ways of increasing efficiency & effectiveness through better time management
- 5 Ability to differentiate between the different demands on your time and set prioritise effectively.
- 6 Tools to utilise time more effectively and understand common problems of time management.
- 7 How Good Am I in Time Management? Self-Assessment – Gap Analysis and Action Planning